2 kg of peeled apples and cut into 1 cm cubes
1.600 kg of sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
2 cinnamon sticks
1 soup spoon of cinnamon powder
1 soup spoon of ginger powder
1. Place the apple cubes and the lemon juice in a bowl to prevent browning.
2. In a wide bottom pot, pour the sugar and add the apple cubes, along with the cinnamon sticks.
3. Slowly heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
4. Add the cinnamon and ginger powder, after the mixture comes to a boil, let cook until the apple cubes are soft and the sauce thickens. Then, remove heat when the sauce is close to thickening (put a wooden spoon into the sauce and scrape the bottom of the pot), this should take about 45 minutesto 1 hour.
5. Divide the sauce into pre-sterilized jars and store in a cool and dry place for about 6 months; To offer as a gift, decorate the jar with a beautiful ribbon, a cinnamon stick and a label.